Did chubby used to be a flattering term? Or at least not as offensive? I die for this old Lane Bryant AD I found today.
Whatever. At least someone used to call it like they saw it. Kind of funny, anyone ever watch Weeds? Remember Huskeroos? Just own it.
Watch this right now.
Huskeroo huskeroo you’re beautiful in all the things you do!!
Discuss amongst yourselves. This makes me laugh because we take ourselves too seriously, we do not educate ourselves or our children on how to eat properly, and we are addicted to decadence. AND I personally just showered in some chips’n queso from Baja Betty’s, so I am not even trying to judge. I am just sayin’, I wish we cared a bit more about nutrition for ourselves and the youth, and I wish when we had a cookie we just were okay with it. Because we work hard enough as it is.
And don’t get me wrong, I don’t blame society for making me feeling bad in a bikini, I blame myself for just not owning it and/or appreciating the fact that I work hard but I am not perfect. I do hope, wish and work towards a more better, more nutritious world for my children, but that happens one glass of water, one less chip at a time.
In the meantime I do have a delicious veggie burger recipe for all of you who are chubbies at heart, but know and feel eating clean is better for your body and soul.
Baja Greek Veggie Burgers
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cups garbanzo beans
- 2 tbsp flax seed meal
- 2 shakes of cayenne pepper
- 2 shakes of turmeric
- 2 shakes of curry powder
- 1 shake of sea salt
- 1/2-1 cup of chopped/shredded carrots
- 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast (optional for vegans who want it to taste cheeeesyyy)
- Mash all the beans up! Mash em good!
- Mix in the spices, nutritional yeast, carrots and flax seed meal.
- Add a tablespoon of water at a time if the mixture is too dry!
- Divide in 4 burger patties, and cook for 25 minutes on 450 degrees.
- Nom nom nom nom nom nom….
Stay sane, stay true, be you. x to the ohhh