Oh it’s only Tuesday…
I feel like it should be Friday. But it’s not. Tomorrow it’s Wednesday, ALL day long.
Emma Lilly agrees that this is essentially horse shit. But not to worry Emma we have this…
Annnd let’s be honest here, I am motivated almost entirely by these things:
Yes these are entirely competing forces, which makes my brain both confused and ahnnry.
Dinner was this:
Salad - Arugula, yellow pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms, balsamic, evoo, sea salt. And the last veggie burger in the pack. All delish, healthy and wonderful.
But my Tuesday needed more. After a lonnnnggg day, waking up real early to squeeze in a long workout, I felt the need to
reward distract myself from the fact that it is only Tuesday. (No wine is not a reward in this house, it is free calories that make everyday feel like the weekend.)
So dessert was this:
The perfect dessert. One little cup of organic yogurt + one tbsp of cacoa powder + a few shakes of cinnamon. Just enough sweet, with lots of nutrients and protein to fill this hungry, wanting to look shmoking haute in her bikini beezy right hizzle.
And life is pretty good. Though I could go without the added guilt of the fact that I am going on a cruise this month, so dessert shouldn’t be an option. So I just ask myself girrllll you got room in that bikini for dessert? #sorryimnotsorry
What’s your favorite dessert that still let’s you dream of that bikini?View post...
Two Huge wins for humanity this week!
1. The FDA on Wednesday rejected the Corn Refiners Association’s bid to rename high fructose corn syrup to “corn sugar.” And that makes me think of this:
You may not find it to be big deal that this happened, but it is. America has a sad abusive relationship with food that we need to break up with. But to break up, we have to actually acknowledge that it’s unhealthy, and walk away. I could rant for hours about how we got here, and how we change it, but I will spare you that for now. Just be happy the FDA is on our side (on this one).
2. The mayor of New Yorks want to ban the sale of sugary drinks over 16 ounces. AND I think this is awesome. Hubs thinks it’s whack and limiting free will yada yada yada, but shit we have to start somewhere. Unfortunately, the government in some way has to step in and help us out. Maybe it’s regulating some of these big old businesses and what they can sell us.
Educated guess here, but I don’t think you can sell lead-acid in soda fountains because it definitely causes cancer. So why can’t we create legislation based off the fact that the size and quality of our food causes cancer, obesity, heart-disease… the list goes on forever.
Fact is, I think we know shit ain’t right in the American diet and we have to celebrate the small victories to find our way back. So I am celebrating the failure of corn sugar, and NYC at least getting some press on the fact that we have a problem with wanting to consume 16 ounces of crap or more. Celebrating the best way I know how…
While consuming Dance Moms Miami, a healthy veggie bowl for dinner, and a glass of red to wash it down.
And don’t even get me started on Splenda, or the fact that my favorite shows are about drag queens or crazy parents.
x to the ohhhView post...
Hello lovers. Neglected, alone, cold, ahnry, my little Q&C took a little time off, while Momma traveled, detoxed, and traveled some more. So let’s recap just a touch.
1. Bubs and I headed to Santa Monica to hang out with TT and Milt, two of our most faves. Tara and I decided one day we would own our own spin/yoga studio/juicery in Santa Monica. Seriously, we solve world problems when we’re together, especially after spin call with
hot mildly attractive male instructors. (That’s her above, I have concealed her identity for she is a rock star and the picture came out real wonky on the old iphone)
2. Detox Happened. And I made it through this time, none of that 2 days hit and quit ish, we’re talking legit detox with all the charming side effects. While in Santa Monica, TT introduced me to the Pressed Juicery in Brentwood, and I indulged in a 3 day juice cleanse followed by 3 days of clean protein shakes and veggies. Best. cleanse. ever. ESPECIALLY the redonkulous almond date milk dessert that gets you through a day of greens and beets and more greens and wanting to punch hubs for going to the chicken pie shop, frying chicken wings at home and eating ice cream in front of you. Yep, the almond milk is THAT good.
3. Hubs and I traveled to the old San Fran to watch the Oregon-Stanford
slaughter foosball game. Yay detoxed just enough to enjoy some mimosas, brunch, dinners and late night snacking. Hoorizzle! While there, a man chewed on my hair and then spit in hubs face. True story. Hubs didn’t even hit him… Weird.
4. I realized I could move to San Fran for the Embarcadero Farmers Market alone, and would like this to happen in San Diego por favor. )My wrap left, hubs sandwich right. Lettuce Wrapped Veggies with Raw Cashew Cheese, Pork Belly Bacon w/ a fried egg sandwich. Which is mine do you think?)
5. TT also introduced me to the best brand of coconut water ever. And it reallllyyyy does miracles for
hangovers dehydration. Seriously, delish.
6. Emma Lilly and Jackalopes missed us so dearly we had to rush home. And by missed us dearly, I mean they cuddled with Auntie Savannah and did not notice we left.
7. Back to the grind, planning ahead at night and bottling my protein shakes for the next day as I’ve continued the gentle detox this week. It’s unconventional, and by that I mean I made it up… To an extent. Protein shake for breakfast and lunch, fruit and almonds for snacks, green salad for dinner. Makes a girl feel good, so I am sticking with it for a hot minute at least.
8. Tonight I finally got to meet my good blog friend, Gina, aka the Fitnessista. She and the pilot are truly as charming as they are on her blog. And both have a wicked sense of humor. She really inspires me, not just with blogging but in an overall be yourself, do what you wanna do, empower yourself kind of way. Just that kind of gal, wish we could hangout all the time. Could use more youngins like those two around San Diego, so naturally I asked them to move here. P.S. prettiest/cutest/adorable-est preggo on the planet!! PPS I stole this photo from her blog, because I forgot to take a photo at dinner. Obvy.
9. All in all, it’s been a good few weeks. Busy. And between detoxing and traveling my diet has been a bit of an oxymoron. But here I sit with the pups, a fire, a book I’ve been dying to read, and the hubs. Luck be a lady tonight.
x to the oohhhView post...